Re: To Forex or not to Forex

Hi Ashif and Rtr's,

I agree that opening an account of $1000 for forex trading is asking for
trouble. You are correct that the forex market is unregulated, although some
companies are regulated by various authorities such as the SFA. This is one
of the major reasons not to trade forex touted by futures brokers and those
who prefer to trade currency futures.

I trade forex over the net. At times it can be unreliable, but it is fairly
good. With the company I deal with, their are times when I stop recieving
market quotes, but it is very rare when their dealing quotes acutally stops
working. Disconnection from their server is the main problem, but it only
takes about 30 seconds to get back on.

Because of this, I would not deal with a company that does not have a phone
service intergrated in with their internet service. I also would not trade
without a seperate data source from that recieved over the net.

Regards
Simon Trevor