Re: Super Chart limitations

Jim,

If you are interested to have similar programming capabilities as
Tradestation then all you need is a hex-editor that allows you to
alter the name of the indicators in the master file and a normal
text editor. No need for any add-ons.

This is a step by step procedure :-

1. Look for an indicator that was developed in PowerEditor that
   have been successfully verified.

2. Transfer this indicator to a new directory.

3. Using a hex editor to edit the master file, to change the
   name of the indicator to a new name.

4. Editor the i0000.ASC to code your indicator.

5. Transfer the indicator(which will now be under your new name)
   back to SuperChart. Here's the difficult part, if the
   indicator doesn't verify then you have syntax error(s) in
   your indicator, if it verifies then you need to make sure
   your logic works. You have to flip back and forth to your
   normal editor until you get it verified successfully.

6. If you think this is difficult, you bet. It demands
   a very high standard of programming discipline. If this
   is too much for you then try Tradestation, however it
   still requires a high degree of programming skills to
   develop medium to complex programs.

With version 2 you can use it with user functions, indicators,
as well as systems.

With version 3 you can no longer do this for user functions,
indicators are still workable, haven't tested with systems.

Version 4 blocks all of this.