Re: Chart Background Color

In a message dated 97-12-06 14:05:41 EST, nwinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> > RT's
>  >
>  > I would like to make a suggestion regarding your gif files.  Since I and
>  > prehaps others would like to print out some of the files, would it be
>  > possible to portray the background in white rather than black?  If other
>  > printers are like mine, a white background works much better than black.
>  >
>  > Perhaps comments from the group would be in order before considering any
>  > changes.  Who knows, I may be the exception.  Others may prefer black.
>  > Comments will show the way.
>  >
>  > Kind regards,
>  >
>  > Yorker
>
>  The black looks cool on monitor, but for the reasons Yorker stated, I
>  vote for a white or light background.

Hate to be a killer of joy, but seems to me a vote is somewhat silly.
Posting a chart is work on the part of the poster.  Changing background is
just one more think to muck with.   So everyone votes for white. so what.   IF
I post a chart it will have a background, or I wouldn't bother to post.   I am
for being grateful when any is willing to post.   If its a pain to print, look
at it on the monitor.

                                   Non votingly

                                         Pete