Re: Option Pro & Dial Data

At 06:41 PM 12/5/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm thinking of buying Option Pro. I like the software but I'm concerned
>that their only source of end-of-day futures option data is Dial Data. I
>have heard a lot of bad things about Dial Data over the years. Good software
>is of no value if I can't get reliable data for it. I'm interested in
>hearing from anyone that has experience with this combination.

Everything you have heard about Dial Data is true.  For end of day futures
day I changed to Unfair Advantage a month ago and it is so much better!
Unfortunately they do not have Options data yet available and they couldn't
even give me a firm time frame other than sometime next year. With dial
data, not even all of the strike prices are available.  I often get
messages that I have put in an incorrect symbol even though I have
carefully followed their symbol convention.  If you find another provider
with good service on Options on Futures please post to the group.

Rod Smith