Re: $ 227000 PROFIT / 1 CONTRACT OF SP'S IN LAST 11 MONTHS

> Below are the TradeStation summaries for an SP system that trades 5min
>  intervals
>  and exits MOC. There are no settings under STOPS for this system. All
action
>  is
>  self contained in the code, with no assumptions being made by TS. This
> system
>  is
>  being traded at the moment by a private trader, and he agreed  to provide
>  demo to
>  me. That's all I can say!  My problem is, I would like an evaluation by a
> few
>  of you
>  astute realtraders about this demo. Email me, and I will upload a copy of
> the
>  TS ela
>  demo to for evaluation. All I ask is your frank appraisal.

Glenda

            A couple of things caught my eye.   First I would ask you is this
person really trading this system.  I mean have you actually seen them trade
it.   Reason I ask is yes the money looks good, but,  only 36% losing trades,
11 losers in a row, and draw downs of 13000 dollars.   I don't know about you
but I sure couldn't sit thru that kind of thing.   I would have to have 40000
to 50000 that I could afford see go down the drain.  Otherwise I couldn't
take those kinds of loses.   I appreciate your offer to send the ela, but 2
things.  1st I have TS3.5 and would need the code to cut and paste or having
you send it in 3.5 format, but 2ndly,  I honestly feel it would be a waste of
time.   I have data going back to  1993, that I used to keep in TS for such
testing, but never found anything that did well over an extend time.  I have
so little faith in that kind of thing I took the data off the system.

            As I think I told you before, most *systems* are basically curve
fitted to the data and when market character inevitably changes they start
losing.

                                       With wishes of good fortune

                                                 Pete