Re: Options Strategies-Bernie Schaeffer

<< Am curious to know if anyone subscribes to one of Bernie Schaeffer's
 Options Services, and if so, what success rate you've had,  recommendation
you'd give, etc.  >>

I have to echo the comments of others in regard to Bernie Schaeffer - stay
away.  A few years ago I took a subscription to his OEX Faxline for six
months.  If my memory serves me correctly, my loss would have been around
$18,000 trading his OEX  recommendations in lots of 10 options.  When he
tried to get me to renew, I bitched so loud that he gave me a free year to
his Option Profit Flash.  For the period 10/20/96 - 11/13/97 he recommended
30 trades on Equitey options.  If I had bought 10 options on each of his
Option Profit Flash recommendations, I would now be sitting with a loss of
$20,688.  Last week he discontinued (wonder why) his Option Profit Flash and
he gave me a free three months of his Option Profit Alert.  Needless to say,
I'll track his Option Profit Alert recommendations but no way will I ever
commit funds to his recommendations.