Re: Pivots, Posts, Sensibility, and.... Trading.

In a message dated 97-11-24 14:03:49 EST, meyer@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I am not sure how to respond to this. You are telling me there is no
>  math involded.
>  I could go on with this but I feel it isn't constructive. We see things
>  differently. I respect your point of view. I don't deny that emotion
>  doesn't play a part. I am saying that there is a great deal of insight
>  into discrete mathematics. Everything in TA is math. How one handles it
>  is another thing.

Technical analysis is math, but it is applyling math concepts to the
underlying price action.  All indicators that are based on price, and what
else is there, reflect what price has to do this point.   You have to go back
a stop further though and ask yourself what determines price.   Its not math,
not technical analysis, its people and their decisions.

>  >          By the way if you want to add something else very interesting
>  > your pivot study, take a look at the opening price.  In the futures
>  > anyway it
>  > is a remarkable support, resistance line.
>
>  Since I am always open to any suggestion, I will be happy to look at
>  opening prices. But you need to point me in some direction. Or give me
>  some idea what you are suggesting.

Just plot a straight line thru the days data from the open of the day.   Look
at how it acts as support and resistance.

                       Pete