Re: OPTIONS/CAPLAN/FISHBACK

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: OPTIONS/CAPLAN/FISHBACK
  • From: Alberto Torchio <atorchio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:44:04 -0800 (PST)

Joe and Gregg

> I just closed my account with Lombard(Discover) but, I hope I can answer
> some of your questions.  On naked calls and puts, it depends what level
> of option trading level you are classified as. (Level I,II,III). The
> price is the same internet or direct broker.  On spread trading I never
> did it with options, but one of the main reasons why I left that
> brokerage was because if you wanted spread trading (stocks) you had to
> pay more in commisions a lot.  As for reliability goes, there pretty
> good.  With checking with other discount brokerages on options, I feel
> they are the cheapest.

I am trading with Ameritrade (www.ameritrade.com) and I have been occasionally placing
options orders both from the web and with live brokers.

Charges are: 25 $ + $ 1.75 per contract, $ 29 minimum, 10% discount if order placed
online.
Minimum equity in account to write uncovered options: index 50.000, stocks 10.000 $.
Spread orders can be placed with a broker.

Althoght the internet server is sometimes slow, there is normally no waiting time when
calling.

Customer service is fair.

Alberto Torchio
 Torino, Italy