Re: OPTIONS/CAPLAN/FISHBACK

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: OPTIONS/CAPLAN/FISHBACK
  • From: Joe Frabosilio <joe6964@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:25:51 -0800 (PST)

Gregg Murray wrote:

> Dick:
>
> What are your thoughts on Lombard's option services. Do they permit selling
> naked calls and puts? Do you get a live person when you place an order? Do
> they permit spread trading? How do you feel about their reliability?
>
> Thanks,
> Gregg Murray
>
> At 06:19 AM 11/19/97 +0000, Dick byrd wrote:
> >Walt Downs wrote:
> >
> >> Hmmmm. That's interesting. I have never heard of a brokerage that
> >> didn't front-load options. Who do you trade through? :)
> >
> >- - - - - -Walt:
> >I trade with Lombard (now Discover) and my option trades are charged on
> >each end, usually $30 per trade.  That is $30 to buy the option and $30
> >to sell it.  Am I getting ripped off??
> >
> >Dick

Gregg,

I just closed my account with Lombard(Discover) but, I hope I can answer
some of your questions.  On naked calls and puts, it depends what level
of option trading level you are classified as. (Level I,II,III). The
price is the same internet or direct broker.  On spread trading I never
did it with options, but one of the main reasons why I left that
brokerage was because if you wanted spread trading (stocks) you had to
pay more in commisions a lot.  As for reliability goes, there pretty
good.  With checking with other discount brokerages on options, I feel
they are the cheapest.

Any other questions, please drop a line.
Good Trading
Joe Frabosilio