Re: Metastock Triangular MA

This is not from MetaStock but Stock & Commodities magazine's bonus issue
1997.

"Triangular Moving Average - A moving average in which each day's data are
multiplied by a weight that increases in value at steady increments to a
peak value and then declines to zero at equivalent increments.  The sum of
the weighted data is divided by the number of variables."
My interpretation; Odd length averages make the math cleaner, for a 5
bar(day) MA try;
Day	Weight

today	1
-1	2
-2	3
-3	2
-4	1

Multiply (day*Weight), sum the terms, then divide the total by 5(n).
According to the above definition you may want to try using the weight for
today as 0, and the weight of -4 as 0, I haven't done this because it makes
no since to me.

It is an odd way to calc an MA, but I like the way it plots.  Good luck
Tom Quinn