Re: Can you run TradeStation 4.0 on Windows98 Beta2 (Memphis)?

AlexMorris@xxxxxxx wrote:

> szBuf=c:\windows\omega\server\btc=6422
>
> Under Win95, this figure was around 16000+.  Could that mean that the problem is under Win98 it is running out of memory for some reason?

I don't use TS, so can't address your specific question.  But keep in
mind that there is a goodly amount of debug code running in the beta
versions of win98.  I also suspect the code bloat of the OS in the last
three years is substantial.  I was unable using win98 to run Ensign in
realtime, until I added more memory, and even then, it's too sluggish
for primetime.  Adding to the above, the integration of the explorers
(local plus Internet) doesn't come for free... there is a lot of
additional processor load to run the "Active Desktop," even in the
background.

Looks to me like more memory would be my first guess at debugging your
problem.  (Next, you'll explain that you're already at 128Meg!?)

Dick Crotinger