RE: Book review

Scott:

Trading for a Living has become one of my favorite books largely because of
Elder's unique perspective on how trading can be compared to some forms
addictive disorders. His idea suggested to me that, even for profitable
traders, there is some element of psychological illness that pokes into the
picture at times, i.e. the need to trade regardless of winning or losing as
opposed to the desire of running a profitable trading business. For me,
initially, his concept is depressing, but only to the extent that it shakes
you into reality. Once you can face the cold, hard, facts, all the pieces
fit together.

On the other hand, the technical analysis portion of the book was very
basic and unimpressive.

But I'd highly recommend it on the basis of his psychological approach.

Eddie Kwong