Gen: Rydex funds...Alternative

At 09:33 AM 11/9/97 -0800, Richard C Bond Sr. wrote:
>Through Fidelity and Schwab in an IRA  the minimum is about
> 2,500 ,  that is how I have been shorting the S&P.
>NOTE:  the cut off for trading is 1:30 / you can not wait till
>eod.

Realtraders,

  For those trading the Rydex Nova or Ursa Funds.  You may want to consider
trading the S&P 500 Depository Receipts (Spyders), symbol SPY.  Average
volume is approx. 5.0 million and you can also short the market.  This
alternative may be beneficial because you can take advantage of real-time
fills, you do not have to wait until the end of the day to get the funds
CLOSING NAV.  Obviously, this only makes sense if you have a good
commission schedule....with today Internet prices, you should be able to
trade for under $20 per 1000 shares.

John Boggio