Gen: Z-Score Update

Taa!Daa! Taa!Daa! (simulated trumpet blare, I dont know how to attach a
sound byte to an email so you have to use your imagination)

While trying to solve the problem of getting around not being able to use
the "normdist" excel function in SC or TS I have come up with a formula
for the z-score that I think is an improvement over the previous z-score
formula that I had posted. If anybody trading commodities decides to use
this in their work would you please post your comments to this site. Your
feedback would be very helpful in the progression of this work.  If you
are going to use this on the OEX, I suggest a "y" input of from 5 to
21days. It would probably be a good idea to plot multiple z-scores (ie:
5days, 10days,15days,20days,ect.) on top of each other.

inputs:

Z = log(C) - log(C[1])
Y = n periods (any number from 1 to however long a time period you are
interested in)

plot1 - SquareRoot(Y)*((Z - Average(Z,Y))/StdDev(Z,Y))
plot2 - 0

Happy Trading!
Ron McEwan

P.S. does anybody know if you can plot an indicator in TS or SC as a
candlestick chart with 4 data inputs?