Re: Intraday VS. Longer Term

TWA7663@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Eric,
>
> I agree with your discussion regarding trading philosophy but you are
> entirely wrong about my intentions.  I never meant to give the impression
> that I wanted anyone to send me their system. If they did, I  would not use
> it to trade.  I design my systems to fit my own personality.  I have bought
> systems before to get ideas but I have never traded any that I bought.
>
> What I was asking was that they send confirmation that they had developed an
> intraday system that beat the statistics of the benchmark that I gave.  I was
> frustrated that I had not been able to develop one that did and was looking
> for encouragement to continue my development process for one.  Again, I was
> NOT asking for system code or trading philosophy, just confirmation of their
> success in developing such a system.   This must be the fifth time that I
> have posted this clarification.
>
> It is interesting to me after all of my posts and responses regarding issues
> other than my original request, that noone has responded that they have
> developed a system that exits at or before the close of the entry day and
> makes more than the statistics that were given as my illustration of desired
> results.  Again, I am NOT saying that such systems do not exist, I am merely
> saying that I have not developed one nor have I received confirmation that
> someone else has.

I also am beginning to believe that few people have been able to crack
the profitable systems nut.
I have been working on various end of day systems for about three years
and have yet
to find one that is tradable with commision and slip, even on a
theoretical basis
with a reasonable risk / reward.

The only money that I have ever spent on trading advice was a traders
psycology course where
Sunny Harris spoke about systems. While it was a good session she didn't
make too many direct statements.
She deffinately hinted that EOD systems are not profitable. She does
claim to have two profitable
real time index systems. I don't know if they meet you bench marks
though.

Sunny has a web site that may provide some further info.