Re: stocks:internet brokerage

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: stocks:internet brokerage
  • From: "Richard C Bond Sr." <rcbond@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 23:29:25 -0800 (PST)

Dave Lord wrote:

> What's the key to finding "the right" institutional broker?  Where/how do you go about selecting one?
>
> Thanks, Dave
> zdave@xxxxxxxxx

Hi Dave,

I am in the midst of changing the structure of my
retirement and trading accounts.  My answer to the
Broker issue is perhaps somewhat different than others here.

An Intrust account which is home to multiple accounts
for futures and stock trading, with 2  on line brokerages
for stocks.

Datek		www.datek.com  	$10 commissions/ fast fills
farsight	www.farsight.com  $10 commisions/ just started

I may add Pacific Brokerage, but so far have not needed to.
I like on line fills, and for quick trades (try to make $1.00
in a couple of hours ) commissions must be cheap.

I only trade when I can be in front of the computer, and
am getting wary of overnight positions, so what works for
me may seem useless to others.

Hope this is usefull.
rcb

--
   We create our society every time we interact with someone.
	What kind of society did you create today?