Re: GEN: internet brokerage

I hate to tell you this but the phrase  "Internet broker" is an oxymoron.

You can do research on the Internet or even make long term investments - but
trading must be done in real time or near real time.  Time is even more
important during a week like this and the Internet (perhaps it should be
Internut) only slows down during heavy usage).

As I have previously stated ad nauseum, get an "Internet broker" with a
direct dial connection, your computer to their computer, no Internet.
 E*trade and others has this available for $0.27 per minute with 12 free
minutes for every trade made.  I almost never have trouble logging on to this
although I must admit I did not try this last Monday, I sat the crash out and
even fell asleep during the last hour.

Norm