Re: DOW JONES FUTURES

MR GREG J FIN wrote:

>   Have any of you traded the new Dow contract? I was curious as to
> any comments on it. Slippage, fills etc. Also I have noticed that it
> almost moves tick for tick with the SnP. If some of you are having
> problems with the E-mini, maybe the Dow may be a more liquid contract.

Greg,

    I was frustrated with my trading in the bonds one day and looked at
various other markets to daytrade. The Dow patterns looked very familiar
and tradable, so I thought, lets work on it. My slippage has been very
low. I enter and exit on 'market' orders and get filled at the prices I
see on my computer. (TS and BMI satellite). From the time I pick up the
phone to getting my fill price takes an average of 1 minute and 15
seconds. (Bonds ranged from 35 to 55 seconds)

    I like the price action on the Dow better than the E-mini. The last
week has been just another easy week of trading. (yea, right!!) So...any
conclusions are suspect. I did notice my signals were more discernible on
the big S&P (more volume and more range?), so I thought of using those
patterns to trigger buys and sells in the Dow. I tried that today and I'm
kind of intrigued. I'll take it further, I just wish the contract was 2 or
3 times larger. Anyway...hope this helps a little.

Good trading (and may you get lots of treats and no tricks),
Mark