Re: Bear MKT

jim roush wrote:

> How many bear markets in this century have we had where there was not
> rising interest rates?  None.  Relax.
>
> James A. Roush
> jar@xxxxxxxxxxx

  I do not believe that the once all-powerful Fed. has the same clout that it
used to have, It seems to me that the size of the interest rate markets have
effectively nullified the Fed's. effectiveness in setting the direction of
the economy in recent years. Sure, the Fed. can cause short term moves by
it's public announcements but the long term is more fundamentally controlled
and therefore out of the Fed's. reach.

Maximus Profitus
Jay Steel