Re: GEN: Options and stops

Gregg Murray wrote:

> I agree with Joe. I would buy in-the-money options. I think a general
> philosophy is to sell as much time premium as possible and buy as
> little as
> possible. This way, time is not eroding your investment as much
> percentagewise as if your position is completely composed of time
> premium.

  You should not think of an option as a long-term  investment.
Therefore don't worry about the premium loss.  I rarely hold an option
position longer than a day or two, and only more than that  if the
option is going up nicely and I'm just counting my profits in it.
   Take a position.  If it moves your way, hold onto it as long as it
does.  When it fails -sell it.  My OEX Puts I bought today for 4 closed
at 22  -  I'm worried about losing premuim??

Dick