GEN: OEX Stats

I wanted to see what happened to the OEX after it made a big move down on
a friday. This is what I came up with. I measured the gains and losses
for the OEX on the fri to  mon close and mon to  tues close following a
friday that was down more than 5 pts.(start date 7/30/87)

down mondays = 11 for 94.87 pts (including the 1987 monday crash  drop of
57pts)
up mondays = 24 for 117.02 pts

down tuesdays = 15 for 41.38 pts
up tuesdays = 20 for 132.15 pts

While at first glance it appears that buying a down friday could be a
good bet, the time period covered here was a bull mkt so I would be
careful about expecting this pattern to continue.

Ron McEwan