Re: OPTN: Optionetics/Fontanills

DOCTOR,

You state that without enough money, George's theories are a waste.

How much money is needed?

Russ
<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I take flack for this every time it comes, but IMHO George and his group
do a pretty good job.  HOWEVER, to really benefit from his ideas you
need a fairly large account and a huge shortcoming in his work is his
lack of balance as to account size.

Many of his presentations are done in conjunction with Dr J ..Jon
Najarian...and in all fairness he is a good friend.  Jon and I have done
a lot of seminars together and we both appear in Chapter 1 of
"Supertraders".  Some years back we had the opportunity to track some of
his customers when their B/D allowed their accounts to examined.

One real telling issue is looking at actual trading activity.  Almost
everytime I meet someone who tells me how successful they have been
trading this or that the first thing I ask is "would it be O.K. to
examine their trading records.  Working for an exchange that information
can actually be examined.  Obviously it can't be disclosed without the
investor's consent.  You would be stunned how quickly claims crumble
when folks realize you might actually be able to check their claims.

Back to the point a group of Investor's who took the class...with
accounts at a discounter....allowed the SRO to examine their
results....they did surprisingly well(my description).  The clear
benefit they had using the Optionetics strategies was that the accounts
were large..  The account size gave them the ability to effectively put
the strategies to work and to diversify.  Without enough money to invest
the theories are a waste.