Re: Gen: Monday may be a nightmare day for me!

Don Green wrote:

> Well, do to things out of my control Monday may be a day to forget.
>
> As I have mentioned I am not just a trader, I also have some rather large
> LONG TERM investments in two stocks.
>
> Apple and Silicon Graphics, both which I have had for a while and both are
> presently losses.  The funny thing!, maybe thats not the right word to use!

NW: Just goes to show, an investor is a trader with a losing position.
Why didn't you cut your losses on these like you do on your short term
trades?

> Both of companies are due to make announcements that could greatly effect
> their stock price.
>
> Apple, Whether Jobs is in or out LONG-TERM, and SGI whether they lost a ton
> of money, canned their CEO and might be in play for a buy-out...
>
> Considering the potential for wild swings in the market on Monday, I will
> probably be on the sidelines and go get drunk after the news of both of
> these companies is reported...

NW: Why wait? <G>

> I keep having this dream or nightmare that Silicon Graphics -Cray Research
> will buy-out Apple and Steve Jobs will merge Pixar into them and make it an
> Apple/SGI-Cray/Pixar (Silicon Valley NERD FEST) will Steve Jobs as CEO!!!

NW: I have an idea to re-organize these companies into
 Silicon Pix Ur Own Cray Apples (SPUOCA). Their software will allow you
to go to a virtual apple orchard, create and and pick your own apples.
This should be a core holding in any investment portfolio.

Virtually,

Norman