FUTR GEN: Market Timing

Perhaps I should have been more clear about what I was referring to. I primarily use
time and patterns when daytrading OEX or spoos....I have no idea how to trade, say,
Microsoft, based on time or timing. I rarely trade stocks.

On the other hand, the methods I do use that involve timing provide me with what I
believe to be a highly likely probable entry time and exit time for a trade. That is to
say, if I am correct with my decision as to which way to go with a trade I may wait for
the pattern I expect to see by 8:45 CT this morning. I would expect my pattern to start
proving out by 9:05....then if all goes well I'll be secure with my decision by 9:20.

If I am incorrect at any of these points I fold. Otherwise, I look for a reversal at
lunch and then another reversal going into the bond close and exit in the last hour. Now
that's today....tomorrow will have different parameters.

What I'm trying to say is, Whether it's an OEX option or a S&P contract, the price does
not make any difference to me. I'm relying on the pattern and what time the pattern
should unfold.

I know most others would, say, buy support and sell resistance....but to each his own.

--PJS

David Hunt wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> Having worked extensively with time based trading for 10 years (5 years
> with the WaveTrader/CycleTrader 10 with Gann and Elliott,
> Fourier Analysis, Astro etc), I must dispute the idea that any one can
> trade with Time alone and be profitable in the long run.
>
> What you trade when you trade is PRICE...... Quite often TIME will be right
> on all counts and if you take a position you will lose money if the pattern
> does not support it.

Needless to say the people using