Re: FUTR GEN: RR and the TTC / Dali Landscape

Patrick,

Having worked extensively with time based trading for 10 years (5 years
with the WaveTrader/CycleTrader 10 with Gann and Elliott,
Fourier Analysis, Astro etc), I must dispute the idea that any one can
trade with Time alone and be profitable in the long run.

What you trade when you trade is PRICE...... Quite often TIME will be right
on all counts and if you take a position you will lose money if the pattern
does not support it.  While even the venerable marketer himself WD Gann
could pick tops and bottoms in advance he only had a small portion of his
capital on these ego based trades. He made his real money by following
trends and knowing how to press it and by capitalising occasionally on the
time based trend changes (Astro)  Mechanical Swing method cut in. (my
source is an old guy who worked for Gann - Bob Courter - he is probably
dead now as he was real old when I spoke to him).

Price, Pattern and the nature of the Trend (mature or immature) will always
give you the probabilities of a trend change.  I have seen too many great
timing set ups be ignored by the market when the true condition of the
market was not set up.  We have a bunch of people in Australia who run
around saying its a "Time By Degrees Day" every 2 or 3 days.   Naturally
some of these - close to 20% - will be actual trend change days - it is
just Gann's Solar degree counts repackaged.  The rest is just spaghetti
soup. People in the US will have the pleasure of spending $20,000 to find
out such useless peices of information.  Needless to say the people using
this do not last long in the market because they have no idea of Price
Pattern and trend when the market comes into these Time Zones.

Anyway enough diatribe.  PLEASE LOOK AT PRICE IF YOU ARE TRADING ON TIME
BASED METHODS>>>

Regards
David Hunt