Re: FUTR GEN: CIS "So, You wanna' Be a Short-term Pro Trader....."

In a message dated 97-10-18 14:55:42 EDT, knight@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< If you have a market that is displaying BOTH low ADX AND Low volatility,
 it is usually
 SHOWTIME.  :  ) >>

Walt,
     Wouldn't Bollinger Bands provide a similar picture?  A nice b/o point
for stocks is often:  Close to the rising 50 dMA, tightening Bol. Band based
on 20 dMA, lower intra-day volatility, and volume falling off.  Since the 50
dMA often provides support, the risk is limited, and defined.  If/when price
breaks above the B.B., it displays an explosion of volatility in price and
volume.  If it breaks back into the B.B on heavy volume, the b/o is false and
consider shorting.  For an example see TLAB at the beginning of Sep.  A b/o,
but on weak volume, and then a colapse.  I have seen several failed b/o's in
the past month;  this correction has been hinted at through price action.
 For a succesful b/o based on the above see TMSR.
     I look for these low current volatility releative to historic volatility
stocks constantly.

Regards,
RF