Gen: 70-20-10 rule

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Gen: 70-20-10 rule
  • From: Matt and Natalie <bradmatt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:09:49 -0700 (PDT)

The 4/97 edition of TASC has an article "The Essence of Market Profits" by Victor
Sperandeo, which references a study by Brinson and Associates (?) that came up with
91.5% of the return as of function of the trend in the asset class, and individual stock
selection accounting for only 4.6% of the return - the rest of the % is misc. factors.

In any event, a rising tide lifts all boats. I guess you could really blow it up and tie
your boat to the dock with a short rope and it would sink during a rising tide. I wonder
what that would do to a satellite dish mounted to the boat?

Matt
bradmatt@xxxxxxxxx