Re: FW: GEN-data costs info

At 08:24 AM 10/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Yes, Dial Data is a higher priced data source for end of day data.
> However, they claim to have very accurate data.

I have used Dial Data for three years now for futures data and have found
their accuracy to be rather poor. It seems like one or two days a week, all
the New York energy contracts will show fly speck size ranges and when I
double check, sure enough Dial Data is wrong, although the closing prices
always seem to be correct.  The reason I continue to use Dial Data is that
I think they are reasonably priced ($25/month for all futures and future
options end of day internet). More importantly I really utilize the
composite feature in Supercharts for analyzing spreads and the omega
downloader only supports Dial Data. I just read with interest the write-up
in the Oct TASC about CSIs Unfair Advantage. Apparently they have ten
employees whose sole job is to check the data for accuracy. Would like to
hear from someone who is using it.

Rod Smith