Re: Why does everyone want electronic trading?

One opposing viewpoint:

-I am on the internet continuously as my source of real time prices.
Using a traditional broker means the inconvenience of breaking the
internet connection to make a phone call, and losing access to my real
time information while I do so. With ET, I can flip back and forth from
pricing and other analytical screens (eg, for options) up to the moment
I enter the trade.

-Some electronic brokers are cheaper, as with everything in life, you
better shop around.

-Most Electronic brokers allow you too inquire about fills. It works as
fast as having a broker inquire through their system while you wait on
the phone.

-Re complicated trades: you are right, they are impossible to do
consistantly electronically. The human touch is necessary.

Regards, DanG