Re: GEN: RSIS indicator and such...

comtrader@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Roy and Bob,
>
> Your combination of indicators is interesting and has definite
> advantages. "The Compleat Day Trader" mentions the MA of the Fast Stochastic
> (pp 43), and and then the MA of the RSI, (both first derivatives), and
> later the RSI of the MA RSI (pp 88) being the
> second derivative of calculation. [Whereas a derivative is merely
> a quantity derived through the mathematical manipulation of a
> previous quantity.]
>
> A study of Stochastic on the RSI (p93) is noted as "outstanding
> potential" to day trading; ... then a RSI on a RSI which will smooth
> but not delay the signal's response to a changing market. Good Stuff.
> You're on to something.
>
> Jim Kuzma

> Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com

As soon as I saw this RSIS thread, my partner immediately thought of
this passage in Jake's book too.  Interesting possibilities.

As far as the talk about stch of the RSI, that doesn't make as much
sense to me as the RSI of the stch.
I played around in TS with this and found it works much better when
using different lengths for RSI and SLowK. In very preliminary testing,
I found this looks promising as a SP day trading system.
RSI(slowk(9),3)
Just plot the 80 and 20 line and buy breakouts of the high if the
reading is below 20 and vice versa.
Very simple but promising!?!?!?

Eric