Free Trades

Gene K. Frydel wrote:

> Fellow Traders,
>
> I stumbled upon an advertisement for a stock broker offering zero
> commissions on Nasdaq trades of at least 1000 shares.
> They're at http://www.webstreetsecurities.com
>
> My question is, how do they make money on those trades?
> Also, does one pay extra in the form of slippage, and
> has anyone had any experience with them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gene

Gene:

I reviewed their Web site.  Most likely they will principal the
transaction and quote you 1/8th or 1/4th per share higher than the
market.   Add this to the  bid-asked "spread" that is always there, and
there usually is no bargin. One way or the other, you will pay!  None of
these organizations do anything for free, believe me!
jdfo