Re: HTLT INDICATOR - Metastock

<x-rich>>For Metastock, to obtain the 10 day, midpoint line of the highest high and

>lowest low:

>(  hhv(High,10) + llv(Close,10)  )  /  2

>Then overlay this with a 1 day moving average of the Close as a way to

>connect the closes.

>Does anyone know of a way in Metastock to chart the the High/Low bars as BG

>Hunt does in his .gif examples???

it's quite complicated, but not impossible. (More simple to do than to say).

I myself was able to built it with Metastock for dos. Let's start:

1. You have to build three custom formulas:

   hhv(h,10)                 "High Ten"

   llv(l,10)                 "Low Ten"

   (hhv(h,10)+llv(l,10))/2   "Midpoint"

2. The problem is how to arrive to the chart I attached to this message, in

just one click. The solution is to use the transparent chart and the layout

functions.

3. Plot your preferite chart: in my example I choosed the Italian Government

Bond (BTP). Set your scale in order to leave enuf room both above and below

the bars (113-100, in my example); moreover, choose the linear scale

(not semi-logarithmic!).

4. Be sure this is the only chart in your chart selection (you can verify

this by selecting Alt+C). Then add another chart following the steps:

                                Alt+C, New

A new chart is generated, identical to the previous one.

5. Now plot the first indicator, "High Ten". Go to the Scaling Menu (by typing

"U") and set manually the indicator values to 113 (high) and 100 (low), the

same values choosen for the price chart. If you prefer change the indicator colour to red.

6. Select the Transparent chart (Alt+T): if you followed the above steps

correctly, you should see the price chart, together with the red line. From

now, it's all a joke.

7. Plot the second indicator, "Low Ten". Now don't worry about what you see

on your screen! Simply correct the scale of this indicator (113, 100, as

usual), and here we have our second line, below the bars! (without using the

Transparent chart option). If you prefer, change the colour to green.

8. Do the same as before for the third indicator, the "Midpoint" line, and

our chart is complete.

9. Obviously, we don't have to follow all this steps each time! Now, save

our work in a layout (Ctrl+L, Save, ang give a name to your "workspace".

Note: Save "All charts", and not "Active Chart Only"!). Next time we want to

see the HTLT indicator on the BTP, all we have to do is select this study

from the Layout Menu.

10. Obviously, this work is valid only for the security selected at the

beginning of the process. So if you have choosen Snp, you have to follow the

same path another time for the Bond, or anything else.

Have a good trading

ciao!

</x-rich>

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Btp.gif"
<x-rich>

<bold>Gaetano Arnaldo Evangelista</bold> - BARI (Italy)

E-mail: ageitaly@xxxxxx