Re: ADMIN: Omega Problem

EKtwo@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Attn Omega customers who are RealTraders members:
>
> We are currently working with Omega Research to build a presence for them on
> our website. The main idea will be to provide an open forum for Omega users
> which will exchange technical insights, formulas, and tricks that are not
> normally covered by the Omega website itself.
>
> The site will moderated by an Omega insider.
>
> Eddie Kwong

I would suggest that you let all the RT folks know about the existing
list at omega-list@xxxxxxxxxxx  This list is well established, and has
served Omega owners well.  Best of all, it is NOT moderated by the Omega
folks, and we get to hear it as it really is :-).  The
rose-colored-glasses view from Omega gets old *very* quickly.

I'm sure Omega is VERY interested in setting up anything that would dilute
the current list -- many things said there are not complementary to
Omega.  The warnings and precautions there have been extremely valuable.

I would guess there is about a 0.00001% probability of such material
being in a list moderated by Omega.  (-: OK, OK, maybe it is more like
0.001% :-).  In any case, it is small.

The prior attempts by Omega have been flops because what gets out is not
very useful.

Please reconsider, and *not* establish this group -- I believe it would
do a great disservice to Omega users.

Of course, I could be wrong.  If this list would include *knowledgeable*
Omega technical folks that would answer ******ALL******* list questions,
with NO censorship, on a public list, it might be great!

I'd really like to hear why, and how, this list would benefit users.

Any other Omega users out there have an opinion?

Larry Wright

(-: I'll bet they keep *my* name off the list :-)