GEN: Trading the major financial news

Last night, I decided I would see where the OEX was at 10Am then join in
with ATM options and go along for the ride.

Well, I chickened out and did nothing, but this would have worked out today.

It occurred to me that it may be possible to trade just a few days a month
when big news is due.  Has anyone studied this approach?  It boils down to
the assumption that if an early strong move occurs, the move holds up
pretty much all day, and putting on a larger trade than one normally would
take is justified.

- Ed