FUTR Re: Friday's T-Bond LDB#2

> Date:          Mon, 15 Sep 1997 15:38:18 -0400
>  Cliff,
>
> Could you list some of the transactions that look like buying when
> in fact are selling strategies????
>
> Thanks,,,
>
> Don

They are numerous. Most of it is because one single action may only
represent a part of a total postion. Here are a partial list of the
possibilities:

Options related - caps, collars, fences, ratio spreads, etc.

Defense of theta view positions.

Volatility plays and synthetics.

Municipal Defeasement.

Mortgage-related buybacks, re-financing.

Swaps, replacing principal for strips, etc.

Rolling from one spot on the yield curve to another.

Interest rate protection or currency-related hedging.

Please don't write and ask me to explain these individually <g>.

Cliff