Re: FUTR GEN: Wrapping up Rick and the duck

Walt Downs wrote:

> nwinski wrote:
>
> Walt,
>
>  the main thrust of Gann's work was Astrological,
>
>  Clyde Lee previously presented an excellent study and  proof that
>  the Lunar Cycle has a statistically significantly correlation with
> many> markets. Is this the sort of study you are discounting?
>  Gann would have replied to your criticsm of using ratios that you can
> not use them at random. These are to only be applied at the key times,
> > when time and price come together.  This is first determined by the
> > planetary cycles. Walt, is this the Gann approach you tested?
>
> Walt replied:
>
> The ratios were tested independently of other factors such as planetary
> cycles. In the works of Gann that I have studied, no mention has been
> made of these cycles in connection with his methodology. Are you saying
> that Gann didn't let us in on the REAL secret to his trading, and that
> he was only showing people his method of entry? My, what a nasty little
> cosmic joke that would have been? :) Seems to me that if Planetary
> cycles is the METHODOLOGY, then we are no longer talking about Gann
> trading as it is perceived by many proponents of the style.

NW: Your last sentence of this paragraph is correct. 75% of Gann
students
either don't know the real Gann or are in denial about what he really
did. One of the best known Gann market letter writers in the US is a
friend of mine. This person has known the Gann Astro connection for at
least 17 years and privately admits it. Yet, this person has never
learned Astrology or directly incorporated these principles into their
market analysis or advisory service. Maybe Astrology is bad for biz?
Isn't human psychology fascinating?

Stubbornly,

Norman