Re: FUTR : Wrapping up Walt and his ducky :)

Walt Downs wrote:

> I use a proprietary formula to determine the building of the time and
> price levels for a market.

<snip>

I think we need to get back to apples to apples, ducks to ducks.

TREX is a proprietary system. Okay. Did you know that Fdates is a
proprietary formula as well? It isn't, and doesn't, use simple Fibonacci
or Gann. It is much more complex, and so much more reliable. That is why
I was able to forecast several turns in advance. Fdates will project out
to the next month, even farther.

Of course, that doesn't do us much good. It serves only to showboat.
Practical use is the next week or two. Payday is being prepared the day
before the expected day and acting on it. So, I just publish the
information prior to the effective week.

The issue, however, was in the remarks that giving a one day leeway was
too much. My contention here is that TREX is no different. If it were,
it would not be getting you in the trade AFTER the actual turn day has
passed, as it does most of the time.

Yes, I like my method of trading because it alerts me to what markets
and when it needs my attention. It will then tell me where the most
likely price will be so I can watch it. Also, I trade with the trend so
this virtually eliminates taking the time day in the wrong direction.

The majority of the time, I will enter on the ACTUAL turn day. Is this
not better than usually entering the next day when the move has already
commenced? I believe most traders would agree that getting in at the
very top or bottom of a new move has a higher profit range and less risk
since your stop does not have to be too far away.

A reasonable trader cannot just blantantly say it WILL be this day or
that without exception, for no one can do this consistently. But
informing a trader to give one day slippage is reasonable and realistic.
With price and the bias as required factors, you ACTUALLY narrow it to
only one day anyway, the correct day.

Again, I find no fault with TREX. If it gets you in the day after the
turn, this is fine as well. But we must be realistic here. This is still
called a WINDOW, even if you choose not to call it that. "Semi-wrong,
semi-dead?"

The last point is the price. Yes, I cannot say what the exact price will
be on any future time day. I'm glad that is not that important. Come the
day, it will reveal itself, and then I will know.

But obviously to any reasonable mind that saw the TREX chart, it cannot
determine THE price in advance either. How do I know this? Why did it
enter the day AFTER the very top or bottom after having moved a
substantial amount already away from the PRICE if it knew the price in
advance?

Many times using Fdate trading I enter just a few ticks off the top or
bottom of a new trend move. Didn't need to know this in the future, just
on the actual day itself is all that is needed, for the market will
reveal this in time to trade. Many times my order placed prior to the
open will be filled just a point or two off the very bottom or top.

******

I conclude this extremely long ongoing thread with the point that if you
make a statement that giving a time day one day slippage (just to be
ready for it) is not a good thing and you can do better with darts, and
you have a better way to pluck a duck, give us conclusive evidence to
this claim, not vague rules that we obviously cannot apply to charts and
verify.

Is this TREX for sale? Can we buy it, or is the information sold as to
what day and price to enter and exit via fax or email? How is TREX
beneficial to us the trading public? I may have missed the posts on this
subject prior so I beg forgiveness if you've made this available at one
time. What are the details?

The best way to find out what is better is to try it out ourselves,
agreed?

At your service. :)

cheers!
:)