Re: GEN - Real Time Data Feeds

>I am currently seeking to upgrade my real time data feed.
>and would  appreciate  anyone's experience with BMI, Signal, DTN,
>Telescan, Bridge or any other service on the market.
>
>I day trade equities and for the last two years have used Signal as my
>data source through a satellite system provided by them. The cost has
>been 210 a month.
>I am using a Macintosh PPC platform and Trendsetter charting software.
>It seems as though the quotes lag as much as a minute or more behind the
>quotes I recieve from my broker's touch tone quote service.
>Specifically, I am looking for information that would help me locate a
>less expensive system that is faster and perhaps looped though my DSS
>satellite feed that I use for TV feed.

I also trade equities.

I use TickerWatcher on a Mac PPC for real-time with a BMI cable feed. Works
very well. TickerWatcher can keep up with updating the tick data base for
dozens, (probably hundreds) of stocks. I have never seen it get behind on a
dedicated Mac 7500. You can select how many ticks you want to save. Great
charting and reporting. DLL link to Excel. Great portfolio valuation
features.

I also use Trendsetter Hotline for end-of-day analysis with DialData (Not
real time)

(I also have TradeStation and other applications for other things.)

I also have a Direct TV DSS system but cannot get data on it yet. The guide
"Satellite Direct" September issue (p41) says you can now buy a DSS system
with "turbo" internet access from Hughes Network Systems. While probably
not good for data, it might be good enough for trading. "Details in the
October issue".

Contact me directly if you need more info.

--
Bob Fulks
bfulks@xxxxxxxxxxx