newbies,oldbies, and market predictions,profits and losses and life

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: newbies,oldbies, and market predictions,profits and losses and life
  • From: Wayne/Jan Royal <royalwj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:25:16 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha Fellow RealTraders,

As a recent subscriber and a relatively new ( 3yrs+) trader, I'd like
to contribute
a small humble suggestion to the group, which appears to me to be some
seasoned/experienced traders, not only in the futures market as I , but
those
who trade stocks/bonds etc.

While monitering the listgroup over the past couple months, I've seen
many of us
try to make the predictions as most of we traders do about "which way is
what
going."  It's nearly impossible, but isn't this the challenge and the
reason why we
all are into the game, besides the obvious of making a profit.

To get to the point, may I suggest that, if you haven't already done so,
please
purchase/read the recent release of Victor Niederhoffer's new book, The
EDUCATION
of a SPECULATOR ( John Wiley & Sons,Inc. 1997).  It gets down to the
basics...
and MUCH more than that.  I.E,  relating trading (whatever...)to life's
experiences in
general, but in a very specific way.  After  being acknowledged as one
of the top futures
traders ($100 million under management) in the world , managing funds
such as those of
the infamous George Soros, among many others, he is one to be highly
respected.

You may find it helpful (as well as humorous and enjoyable) as a
"rest-stop" along the
way , throughout the coming months of market turmoil. (" A chapter a
day, keeps the
stress away", wsr97)

Sincere regards and profit-taking to all the "real" traders.

Aloha from the Islands,

Wayne S. Royal