Re: MKT: How High The Moon

Christopher McMurry wrote:

> As for whether a national panic will set in...  I highly believe it
> will.  People have ALWAYS panicked after manias.  Why would this time
> period be any different than any other in all of human history?  And if
> this isn't a mania, I don't know what is.  There's a book called
> _Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds_, by Charles
> Mackay.  Written in 1841, it is still applicable today.

DT
The only thing that I can think of that would cause incredible downward
madness would be some kind of massive electronic failure. That is until
inflation ticks up..

Does the NYSE exchange and any other have all the year 2000 bugs out of
the butter??,
What if alot of the electronic paper got lost,  " Well, Don, we have no
record of you long 500 OEX 1165 puts...  :(".
What if some electronic quirk upset the redundant systems?  We all
accept this new electronic thing as an extension of ourselves, if that
crutch disappeared? This culture couldn't function...

Don