Re: Book - Hit and Run Trading

ADB Trdr wrote:

> RTs:
>
> I noticed in an ad for Jeff's book that he discusses how
> to trade "slingshots".  The entry setup that I have developed
> has been referred to as a slingshot.  Having no knowledge of
> Jeff's work, I was hoping to hear from some of you that have
> Jeff's book as to what exactly Jeff means by a slingshot setup.
> I would be very interested to see if we're talking about the same
> thing.  Names like these often get assigned to different types
> of setups by different people, so you can't be sure what they
> mean.
>
> Please respond directly at ninja96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> or you may fax the description to me at 1-316-331-1713
> if this would be easier.  Thanks for your help!
>
> Kirk

Kirk,
  My intuitive guess is that the "slingshot" is the same as the
Wycoff "spring", whereby it stightly exceeds a previous high or low,
follwoing as a brief retracement, and then comes back over that level
again in a spring or slingshot manner. Did I guess right? Richard Wycoff
wrote about the markets in the early part of this century. It just
goes to show, there is really nothing new under the sun, just new
packaging and new marketing.
   Do you think there is any connection between this Cooper book and my
favorite market approach, K.I.S.S. by Alice Cooper? <g>

Disguisedly,

Norman