FUT: Dec Corn

Jim , Gaetano, & Others,

It's 19:00 CDT, and I'm sitting here having just initialized my server for
my OmegaTS/BMI satellite data feed. From my home on 17 acres 5 miles west
of Virginia, IL, I look out my front window at a neighbor's 80 acre corn
field. It's crying for a rain. It's now been 41 days since the last
2-tenths. We didn't get any so far from this stationary front that was
supposed to have produced fairly widespread precip. I just returned from a
3-wheeler tour of about a thousand acres.  Some of the corn has tasseled,
some of the tasseled corn is shooting ears, some isn't.
On the lighter ground,  It is probably ruined. On the heavier ground, rain
in the next 3 to 4 days will encourage ear development. The front has
produced some precip in central IL, but I can tell you that the
Beardstown-Virginia-Chandlerville-Jacksonville area for the most part
received between a trace and 1/10" rain. Most of the ground I have looked
at this evening is dry and cracked. I very seldom trade the grains unless I
can identify a nice trend, so this post is just FYI. On the other hand,
there still looks to be a very sizeable crop though.

Best regards,
Steve