Re: Interactive Brokers

marc miller wrote:

Five years ago....
1) they called up and said, "Hey, you know you guys are still short a few
from last month, and we are debiting your account by $US40K or US$80K, (I
can't remember exactly.) Our daily reconciliation never showed it. They
said that they couldn't produce the documentation for it because it was over
30 days old.
They took the $$.

And you ate it? $40-80k of it? I am not doubting you - just.. um - pretty bizarre.

2) One time in particular, the SP was quoted trading at ?30.50 on IB, but my
esignal feed showed that it had dropped to ?23.50, a difference of 700
points... then it caught up...This was a persitsent problem then.
Don't know what its like now.

This is indeed new. You know, why I keep using IB's feed (besides being a cheapskate).. is because they never fall behind. Their feed has a big flaw - they aggregate quotes, drop quotes.. but I can always put a trade on based on their last price shown and get a fill. It's because they drop some quotes, they are never behind. Have plenty of trading buddies who are always complaining about eSignal lag in fast market.

Now, can IB's quote fall behind? Sure can. Anything can happen - but I have never faced it.

Regards.

Abhijit