From TradeStation to Qcharts to Tradestation (??interactive Brokers??) - and wide monitor thoughts.

Hi,

I use to use TradeSation 4.0 (the end of day version) and wrote a channeling system on that platform. I now use Qcharts for full time intraday trading of the S&P 500 futures E-Mini contract. I mostly scalp. I am considering switching from Qcharts to TradeStation (some version of it of which I am not familiar with now) mostly for the charting features rather than for the backtesting/signal-generating features that TradeStation has. Although I am a former programmer of about 25 years experience I doubt very much I will bother to use TradeStation's signal generating features since I have my own methodology I have developed over that last 4-5 years which I consider to be way better (for me at least).

Hear is the question. Is there anyone who has made the switch from Qcharts to Tradestation who makes extensive use of the Line drawing features (cloning, coloring, alarming, etc) and RSI features, who can outline some of the advantages they have found that TradeStation has over Qcharts. Additionally some of the problems. I also at times use retrace tools for target setting based off the old TA bible "Technical Analysis of Stock Trends".

I am thinking that TradeStation may (MAY) have some of these features which Qcharts does not.
1/ ability to set up a tool bar for quick adjustments to lines (color, ray-to-segment), adjusting anchor points, etc.
2/ ability to set alarms on line touches (both RSI and Price lines). Ability to auto fire orders as well (actually send it)
3/ ability to zoom in without screwing up things when one resets back to normal.
4/ ability to copy retrace tools across charts (tools that would be used for setting triangle targets, Flag targets, channel targets).
5/ Tones of other features that I could probably come up with if I spend a week looking at it.
Is there a features list somewhere other than the manual or is the manual online?

I am also thinking of switching to one of those wide T.V. lcd monitors that can run off a Computer. I find that when a chart is split across two conventional monitors the lines can at times be a little difficult to read causing lost time of having to pull the chart back to the other monitor. Does anyone recommend an LCD wide screen monitor. I am thinking of one that is in the range of 36 inches to 46 inches wide and maybe 1 foot high (perfect for my desk and giving lots of room for my execution windows and 3 chart windows for 1 minute bars, 5 minute bars and 30 minute bars).

Thanks ever so much for any suggestions or help,

John.