RE: EasyLanguage translator

Joel,

You say: "In fact, I think accepting EL as input would be key to the success
of such a system."

I don't really think so. As you can see there are some software that can do
that W59 and Traders Studio, at least that's what RB says. Both have not
become a great success (yet). When looking at the setup that you are
planning, you are aiming at high end users anyway who (should) know how to
program. The high end users of TS use DLLs for there programming anyway or
move on to some higher software.

I would try to find a programming language that is easy to use but give
unlimited power to the user. I much more believe that the key to success is
to offer something that the three big trading software companies don't offer
at the moment. What that is, I don't know since IMO 99% of the need is now
covered, but the one thing I can think of is real heavy ID tick by tick
trading and optimization. But then again, those who want that and programmed
there strategy based on this data are usually high end programmers and end
up programming there one tailored C or C++ program for trading too.

So, unless you have an established product and want to steal a few TS
customers then I would not go that way.

Kind regards,

Volker Knapp
(www.wealth-lab.com)