Re: flipping monitors landscape to portrait

From: "Chris Cheatham" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Anyone know of a monitor/card setup that lets you flip the screen
so it will be taller than it is wide?
Many larger monitors (LCD, that is) allow rotating 90 degrees. About ten years ago there were some CRT monitors that would automatically sense the position and adjust the video, that doesn't happen now. You must use software to rotate the images in the computer. Since this is done before the image gets sent to the video card, most cards should work. Viewsonic has its own pivot software, and others do also. I have used Pivot Pro (www.portrait.com) in the past, but recently I tried it and it made a mess of the displays. But I think that is because one of my (3) cards is rather old. Portrait offers a 30-day trial download.

donc