Re: Tradestation 8 - upgrade or downgrade from 2000i?

> 3) Unable to import your own ASCII data files (I know there are a few
> ways to do it using 3rd party programs, but I"ll be damned if I'm going
> to pay $1999 to be able to do something TS2000i did for free)

ascii and metastock coming in the next month or two. I don't believe this
will permit merging my old data with their data though. To me, this would be
more valuable.

> 4) They seemed to have "dumbed" it down to make it easier for the
> average person to use, as opposed to an experienced trader (no offence
> meant towards anybody, this is just my thought on it)

not in my experience. Current 8.1 is a bigger improvement over 2000i than
2000i was over TS4.  I will say, that tech support sometimes seems to have
been "dumbed down." YOu sometimes have to be persistent to get someone's
attention. To the ts folks' defense, most of the users don't know what they
are doing. STill, I just spent over two months "debating"  with somone there
about whether an obvious bug was occuring or not. Finally, they payed
attention and it was fixed, literally,  in three days.