Re: Hyperserver, MetaTrader, Global Server and Charting

Hello Ian,

Maybe these items will help:

1. In GS/EditSymbol/HistoryToSave include Bid Record and Trade Record fields for the Resolutions you want to collect.

2. Be sure to include the 1 Minute Resolution. If I recall correctly, MetaTrader historical data does not include Tick even thought a Tick check box appears in the History Download dialog box.

3. Do your historical data download while GS is set to Work Offline, and DO NOT start TS prior to the download.

4. After the historical download/import is done, start up TS and HSLite.

5. Switch GS to Online AFTER TS is started and the charts have come up.
The charts will show the newly downloaded historical data. Due to the MetaTrader history server, there will often be a gap of the last hour or so. That will be filled the next time you do a history download. Sometimes the latest historical data is current within a few minutes.

It's been a long while since I set mine up but I remember hitting a similar snag. If these suggestions don't help, contact me off the list. Maybe I can find notes I made at the time. The bright side is that once set up correctly, the TS2Ki/HistoryPlug-in/HSLite combo works great.

Lee