another code question

I want to try to express my question one other way. I don't want to buy until the 34ema
makes a top, then trades sideways for 10 bars and then heads up again. I had thought that
this is what I was defining, XAverage(Close, 34, 10); meaning 34 ema but only counting within the last 10 bars. This could mean 5 or 6 bars or what ever the criteria was that I wanted to describe between bar 1 and bar 10.I could also say XAverage(Close, 34, 5 ); meaning within 5 bars.
I have been told by 1 person that this is correct and by several that say no because too many inputs like ts tells me. Whats odd is that the same expression using LR LinearRegValueFC(Close,34,10); verifys fine. and it is the same expression except that is is using LR. This is what
I don't understand and basically no one has explained why except the person that said "
it should work , check your manual. thanks for all your input, and hopefully I have explained my self
this time. If this is off the wall, can anyone tell me how to describe a 10 bar period for the 34 ema?