Re: Moving ts2ki to a new machine

The universe.MDB file has all the session data that came with the
program and any you might have added if they were added to the
universe.  If the info is just in the Global Server then you are stuck
with copying all information over.  Smart guys, not me, added their
information to the universe.mdb using access.

Symbols are in the Server folder.  I think symlist.dat is the only
file but it doesn't hurt to copy them all.

Now the best all around way to do an install or reinstall is copy the
MyWork (has you indicators and signals in it), Server (had data in the
PDS folder and symbols in the Server folder) and universe folder to a
different drive or some absolutely safe place.  Then you can reformat
a drive or whatever.  Now don't just let Windows do a clean install and
format both of your drives.  I've done that. Windows likes to boot
from one drive and install on another.  I just unplug my backup drive
then install Windows and when it works plug the other drive in, do a
clean install of Ts2ki then copy the folders contents back to the new
Ts2ki folders.  If you don't want your old data then select all
symbols and choose delete data or delete symbols if you don't want
them.  If you want data and session times etc. this is the way to do
it I think.  You get all the benifits and no negitives that I know of
as long as your data is not corrupt.  That is a different subject.
Personally I only do a clean Windows install every few years.
Hopefully when there is a new Windows brought out.

Jimmy

I do a new re-format and re-install of TS2ki every 4 months. I export
one days worth of
futures and symbols, then in the new install of GS, delete all symbols
and import your
one days worth and symbols will appear in the GS. Unfortunately the
session times and
setting do not transferee, at least in my case. Session times can be
copied and pasted
from one to the other symbols as required which cuts down on lots of
time in that area.

Really hope this helps,

David...